This coeliac friendly dessert is very rich but loved by all.
You Will Need:
- 5 large egg separated
- 6oz sugar
- 6oz 53% chocolate
- 2 tablespoons water
- Shallow Swiss Roll tin (12”x8”)
- 1/2 pint whipped cream
- 1 level tablespoon icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line the tin with non stick baking paper.
- Whisk the egg yolks with the sugar until a pale thick mousse forms.
- Melt the Chocolate with the water.
- Whisk the egg whites.
- Fold the egg mousse into the melted chocolate in 3 stages. Then fold in the egg white.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 20 minutes or until set in the center.
- Cover the hot roulade with a damp clean cloth. When cool, remove the cloth, sprinkle with icing sugar and turn onto a sheet of clean baking paper. Spread with the Chantilly cream and roll.