- 1/2 ciabatta loaf
- 65ml (2 1/2fl oz/generous 1/4 cup) red wine vinegar
- The yolks of 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 100g (3 1/2oz) fresh tarragon, stalk removed and finely chopped
- 10 salted anchovy fillets, chopped finely
- 50g (2oz) salted capers, chopped
- 110-175ml (4-6fl oz/1/2 – 3/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
Dragoncello Sauce is delicious served with roast chicken, lamb chops and Bollito Misto.
Tear the bread into small pieces and soak in the vinegar for 20 minutes. Remove the bread, squeeze dry and chop finely.
Mash the egg yolks with a fork.
Very gently combine the bread, tarragon, anchovies, capers and egg in a bowl. Stir in the oil and serve.