An extraordinary annual dinner party in the Ballymaloe Cookery School glasshouses.
Ballymaloe Cookery School's 'Ballymaloe Cookery School Glasshouse Dinner' was first held in the summer of 2012 and has now become an annual event, drawing food-lovers, artisan producers and chefs from all around the world. Held under the canopy of the Ballymaloe Cookery Schools extensive glashouses Chef Rory O'Connell and his culinary team dream up an inspiring menu based on seasonal, local and, of course, organic ingredients for 100 expectant guests. Annually, one of the glasshouse bays is transformed with white table linen, sparkling wine glasses and pretty flowers. Guests are treated to an array of imaginative dishes and exciting flavours as they listen to music by 'The Gardeners' and connect with friends and fellow food fanatics.
Some of Rory's culinary delights have included:
- Melon & Verbina Soup and Chilled Tomato Water with Nectarine & Lemon Basil
- Farm-Cured Ham braised in High Bank Cider with Ballyhoura Mushrooms
- Smoked Ballycotton Pollack with Marsh Samphire & Roast Peppers
- Wild Blackwater Salmon, Beetroot & Dill Gravalax
- Summer Purslane with Buttermilk Dressing, Roasted Hazelnuts, Triskel Goat's Cheese & Garden Plum Membrillo
- Vanilla, Blackcurrant & Strawberry Bombe
- Champagne & Summer Fruit Jelly, Nut Cones
For 2016 the date was Friday 9th September and the date for 2017 is not yet confirmed but watch this space!
Tickets for the dinner only may be purchased via the Ballymaloe Cookery School on (021) 4646785.