5th Sept 2016
Ballymaloe House was delighted take part in the Midleton Food Festival 2016 by hosting a summer supper club with guest chef Louise Bannon (Ex Noma).
The evening started with a cocktail in the walled garden, followed by Dublin born Louise's Noma influenced seasonal set menu and an organic wine for each course.
Louise's set menu included some of East Cork's finest local food producers and delicious vegetables from Ballymaloe House's own walled gardens (menu attached)
For more information on othe Midleton Food Festival events click here - Save the date for 2017 - Monday 3rd to Sunday 10th September 2017.
What this space for another summer supper club from Ballymaloe House too!
Dinner Guest Chef Louise Bannon Monday 5th September 2016
Snacks in the Garden
- Oysters with White Currant Granita
- Radishes with St. Tola Goat Cheese
- Beef Tartar on Focaccia Toast & Sorre
- Fried Shrimps
- Walled Garden Elixor
Followed by dinner in the Long Dining Room
- Grilled Tomatoes, Tomato Consommé, Pepper Dulse Seaweed & Smoked Gubbeen Cheese
- Grilled West Cork Tuna, Nasturtium & Lemon Verbena Butter
- Slow Roast Shoulder of Lamb, Ballyhoura Mushrooms, Lemon Thyme, Roast Potatoes & Flat Bread
- Raspberries, Lovage Mousse, Sweet Cicely
- Plum, Blackberry & Plum Kernel, Fig Leaf Parfait & Almond Praline
- Frozen Grapes, Chocolate with Malted Wheat, Danish Snail with Hay Buttercream
- Golden Bean Coffee, Tea or Lemon Verbena Tissane