Spend the weekend at Ballymaloe House with Ireland's Top Sommelier 2018 Julie Dupouy.
Friday 1st - Sunday 3rd November 2019
Julie holds the title of Best Sommelier in Ireland 2018 (Irish Guild of Sommeliers) and finished 3rd in the ASI World Sommelier Championships representing Ireland in 2016. Julie currently works as a Sommelier Consultant at the 1* Michelin Chapter One Restaurant and as a Brand Ambassador with Edward Dillon’s Champagne portfolio, including; Moet & Chandon, Veuve Clicquot, Dom Perignon, Ruinart, Krug.
Born in Agen, South West France, Julie's passion for good food and awareness of good taste came from her paternal Grandmother. Julie remembers that she cooked instinctively, using her senses, and rarely cooking the same recipe twice despite her kitchen walls being graph papered with her favourite handwritten recipes. A childhood gift of a perfumer kit influenced Julie to explore her sense of smell and aroma combinations. Julie's first memory of wine was on her 16th Birthday when her Grandfather opened a special bottle of wine from the year of her birth. This single significant reminiscence sparked Julie's interest in wine and still too young to drink, she began to consume books about it and a few months later she told her parents she wanted to be a sommelier.
Julie has been living in Ireland since 2004, and her vision is to inspire others to appreciate and enjoy the beautiful world of wine and sensory pleasure.
The Itinerary for the weekend will be:
Friday 1st November
- Arrive at your leisure and enjoy making Ballymaloe House your home for the evening.
- Join Julie and other wine weekend guests for a casual group supper including Ballymaloe House's famous Friday evening hors d'oeuvres buffet and a glass of wine.
Saturday 2nd November
- Morning: A Masterclass of 6 Sparking wines
- Lunchtime: Casual lunch (no wine included)
- Afternoon: Masterclass and blind tasting of Old World Wines vs New World Wines
- Dinner: Group aperitif and reception and 4-course wine dinner with wine
s especially paired by Julie.
Sunday 3rd November
- Morning: Masterclass in Saké; tasting and learning about 6 different types of Saké
From €550.00 per person sharing. €60.00 single supplement per night.
To attend the wine events only (Dinner Friday, Saturday events and Sunday Morning Sake event) is €325 per person.