You Will Need
- 110g (4ozs/1 stick) butter
- 100g (31/2ozs/scant 1/2 cup) castor sugar
- 110g (4ozs/generous 1 cup) ground almonds
- Fresh raspberries or loganberries1/2 pint (300 ml/1 1/4 cups) whipped cream
- Makes 24 tartlets or 2 x 7 inch (5 x 17.5 cm) tarts or 1 tart and 12 tartlets
Cream the butter well and then just stir in the sugar and ground almonds. (Don’t over beat or the oil will come out of the ground almonds as it cooks.)
Put a teaspoon of the mixture into 24 small patty tins or divide between 2 x 7 inch sandwich tins. Bake at 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4 for 20-30 minutes approx. or until golden brown, 10-12 minutes for tartlets or until golden brown.
The tarts or tartlets are too soft to turn out immediately so cool in tins for about 5 minutes before turning out.
Do not allow to set hard before removing to a wire rack or the butter will solidify and they will stick to the tins.
If this happens pop the tins back into the oven for a few minutes so the butter melts and then they will come out easily.
Just before serving arrange whole raspberries on the base.
Glaze with redcurrant jelly (red fruit) or apricot glaze (green or yellow fruit).
Decorate with rosettes of cream.