The one & two-bedroomed farm cottages are located beside the working farmyard at Ballymaloe House and are rented on a self-catering basis. Recently renovated to a high standard, they provide the comforts of modern living whilst retaining their traditional feel. They are sunny, warm and comfortable and beautifully planted with fruit trees and climbing roses. All bedrooms can be either twin or double, and cots are available by arrangement. The cottages are well equipped. All linen is provided. Bathrooms ensuite. Laundry facilities are available. The cottages are suitable for either short or long term rental and are ideal for weekend breaks, or for families wanting a home-from-home environment. They are also ideal for longer lets and for Cookery School students.
This is a new addition to Ballymaloe, an elegant, tall, castle which was converted in 2007. The ground floor has a small, well equipped kitchen off the round living / dining area. The second floor has a twin bedded room with shower. The third floor has a twin bedded room with bath/shower. The castellated roof garden has table & chairs where you can get away from it all and enjoy a 365 degree view of the surrounding farmland. Beautifully designed, it is certainly a talking point of the holiday.
Ewe, Lily Rose and Duckling Cottages
These one bed roomed cottages are in converted farm buildings, the stone arched doorways have been retained. The accommodation consists of a ground–floor kitchen / living area with wood burning stove and door to the garden. Upstairs there is a twin-bedded room with shower. Duckling Cottage & Orchard Cottage are adjacent and can convert to a 2 and 3 bedroomed cottage by opening the inter-connecting doors if required.
Beyond the farmyard, we also offer more basic, self-catering wooden chalets. These have three bedrooms, one double and two small singles as well as bathroom, kitchen and sunny living/dining area, with adjoining deck. They are available for long term lets. Advance booking is strongly recommended, especially in summer, as the self-catering accommodation is a very popular option.
Rates for Ballymaloe Self- Catering
Rates for Ballymaloe Self- Catering
Low Season: October 2018 – April 2019
High Season: May 2019 – September 2019
Booking Terms & Conditions
1. The Cottages are strictly let on a weekly basis only during June, July & August. The week runs from Saturday to Saturday.
2. To confirm a booking we request 50% of the total rate on booking. The balance can then be paid on departure.
3. Prices include bed and household linen and central heating. Breakfast is not included.
4. Electricity is included for weekly rentals but not included for longer stays.
5. Housekeeping can be provided by request at Euro 15.00 per hour
6. Travel cots can be supplied free of charge for babies under two. High chairs & extra beds are also available by request.
7. Arrival time is between 4pm and 7pm and departure time is by 10am.
8. You may use the swimming pool and tennis court. Ballymaloe HouseGuests would have priority over these amenities.
9. Children must be accompanied at all times by the pool.
10. We regret that smoking is not allowed inside any of the cottages at Ballymaloe.
11. It is essential that guests of the self- catering cottages wishing to take any meals in Ballymaloe House must make a reservation in advance. The price for breakfast is Euro 16.00. All restaurant reservations need to be booked and are subject to availability.
12. Cancelation Policy;
- Up to 6 weeks before your arrival date: No cancellation charge
- 3 – 6 weeks before your arrival date: 25% charge
- 1 – 3 weeks before your arrival date: 50% charge
- Less than one week before your arrival date: 100% charge.
Please email email@example.com for bookings or further information. Click here to view the self-catering rates.