The one & two-bedroomed farm cottages are located beside the working farmyard at Ballymaloe House and are rented on a self-catering basis. Recently renovated to a high standard, they provide the comforts of modern living whilst retaining their traditional feel. They are sunny, warm and comfortable and beautifully planted with fruit trees and climbing roses. All bedrooms are presented as twin rooms, and cots are available by arrangement. The cottages are well equipped. All linen is provided. Bathrooms ensuite. Laundry facilities are available. The cottages are suitable for either short or long term rental and are ideal for weekend breaks, or for families wanting a home-from-home environment. They are also ideal for longer lets and for Cookery School students.
The tower is a tall elegant modern castle building. The ground floor has a small, well equipped kitchen off the round living / dining area. The second floor has a twin bedded room with shower. The third floor has a twin bedded room with bath/shower. The castellated roof garden has table & chairs where you can get away from it all and enjoy a 365 degree view of the surrounding farmland. Beautifully designed, it is certainly a talking point of the holiday.
Ewe, Lily Rose and Duckling Cottages
These one bed roomed cottages are in converted farm buildings, the stone arched doorways have been retained. The accommodation consists of a ground–floor kitchen / living area with wood burning stove and door to the garden. Upstairs there is a twin-bedded room with shower. Duckling Cottage & Orchard Cottage are adjacent and can convert to a 2 and 3 bedroomed cottage by opening the inter-connecting doors if required.
Beyond the farmyard, we also offer more basic, self-catering wooden chalets. These are primarily two bedroomed accommodation, one double and one small single as well as a shower room, separate toilet, kitchen and sunny living/dining area, with adjoining deck. They are available for long term lets. Advance booking is strongly recommended, especially in summer, as the self-catering accommodation is a very popular option.
2019- 2020 Rates for Ballymaloe Self- Catering
Farm Cottages & Cabins
All rates in Euro €, Rates include 13.5% VAT
October 2019 – April 2020
Excludes Easter, Christmas and New Year
1 Bedroomed Cottage (sleeps 2)
- €550 per week
- €450 Friday to Sunday inclusive (Maximum 3 Night Stay)
- €350 Monday to Thursday inclusive (Maximum 4 Night Stay)
Tower (sleeps 4)
- €750 per week
- €600 Friday to Sunday inclusive (Maximum 3 Night Stay)
- €500 Monday to Thursday inclusive (Maximum 4 Night Stay)
Cabins €450 per week or part of a week.
Cottage/Cabins Extra camp bed €50.00 per stay
May 2020– September 2020
Includes Easter, Christmas and New Year
1 Bedroomed Cottages (sleeps 2)
- €700 per week
- €500 Friday to Sunday inclusive (Maximum 3 Night Stay)
- €450 Monday to Thursday inclusive (Maximum 4 Night Stay)
Tower (sleeps 4)
- €1,200 per week
- €900 Friday to Sunday inclusive (Maximum 3 Night Stay)
- €650 Monday to Thursday inclusive (Maximum 4 Night Stay)
Cabins €550 per week or part of week.
Extra camp bed/Cot & High Chair: €50.00 per stay
Booking Terms & Conditions
During the summer months a minimum 7 nights stay is required - Saturday to Saturday.
1. To confirm a booking we request 50% of the total rate on booking. The balance can then be paid on departure.
2. Prices include: bed and household linen and central heating. Breakfast is not included.
3. Electricity is included for weekly rentals but not included for longer stays.
4. Housekeeping can be provided by request at Euro 15.00 per hour
5. Travel cots can be supplied for babies under two. High chairs & extra beds are also available by request. Extra camp beds/Cots and High Chairs are charged at €50.00 per stay.
6. Arrival time is between 4pm and 7pm and departure time is by 10am.
7. You may use the swimming pool and tennis court. Ballymaloe House Guests would have priority over these amenities.
8. Children must be accompanied at all times by the pool.
9. We regret that smoking is not allowed inside any of the cottages at Ballymaloe.
10. It is essential that guests of the self- catering cottages wishing to take any meals in Ballymaloe House must make a reservation in advance. The price for breakfast is Euro 25.00. All restaurant reservations need to be booked and are subject to availability.
11. Cancellation Policy;
Up to 6 weeks before your arrival date: No cancellation charge
3 – 6 weeks before your arrival date: 25% charge
1 – 3 weeks before your arrival date: 50% charge
Less than one week before your arrival date: 100% charge.